9.27.2008

Comedian




This photo reminds me of something Tim Gruber took. . .
I aspire to be the Dane Cook of photographers.
I deeply respect photographers who take photos dealing with heavy issues that really make me think and question life. These stories are absolutely necessary in order to get eyes opened to the horrors of life and one day I hope to take photos that are as inspiring as some of my photo icons have, but at this point in my life, photography is fun.
I have had a few conversations with fellow photogs about how every photo story has a general sad overtone and is in black and white and if you want to win a pulitzer you have to focus on suffering and hardships. But, life is in color and life is full of great things, as well as the bad. I would never turn a blind eye to the struggles in life, but why deny yourself the pleasures as well.
Viva la funny.

No comments: