2.26.2008


“I was up in New York City for the Cold Pizza show and you know what they got up there, I bet you won’t believe it, they got these guys you know, and guess what. . . they were wearing dresses. I couldn’t believe it.” John Carpenter, a simple man living in a simple home in Firebrick Kentucky has been many places and met many famous people, all because of his extensive sports memorabilia collection. “I’ve got over 6000 pieces right now. I started collecting back in the 80s and it really took off in the 90s. Some years I would get over 500 things." John has been in Ripley’s Believe it or not twice for things in his collection including a rare football kicked by Jim Thorpe in 1927 given to him by Radio Gardener.

Just one of the many great people I hope to meet in my life. I can't imagine how anybody would want to be anything else.

No comments: